Refer to the Nevada Fishing Regulations for minimum size requirements. You may be eligible for a Trophy Fish Certificate or be a new State Record holder.
See Trophy Fish Program Register Your Trophy Fish
Think you caught a big one?
If so, share with us! The minimum weight qualifications are established for the various species of fish in the Trophy Fish Program. Each entry that meets the minimum qualifications will receive a Trophy Fish Certificate. The largest entry of the year for each species will receive a Record Nevada Fish Certificate. Trophy Fish Plaques will be awarded to those entries which establish a new record fish for Nevada.
Some ground rules. . .
For a fish to be considered in the Nevada Trophy Fish Program the following must apply:
- Fish must be taken legally from Nevada waters.
- Weight is to be taken of whole fish before freezing.
- Length is to be measured from tip of nose to tip of tail.
- Measurements must be witnessed by two other persons, at least one of whom must not be a relative of angler entering contest.
- Angler must provide positive means of identifying the species of fish and include an adequate photograph.*
- Entry must be made within calendar year of date caught to be included in that year’s contest.
- If the fish being entered is a possible Nevada State Record, fish must be weighed on a scale which has been certified as accurate. The fish must be witnessed by a Nevada Department of Wildlife employee.
- An entry form must be submitted within 60 days of the fish being caught. To be considered for the Trophy Fish Book, all entries must be submitted by Jan. 31.
* All photos submitted may be used in NDOW publications and on the agency website unless otherwise requested.