General Hunting and Fishing Licenses

Where To Buy Your Licenses & Stamps

All license agents sell hunting and fishing licenses, stamps and transportation permits.

Note to Hunters/Anglers:
Currently, there are some areas in Nevada that do not have license agents. Please check the area in which you will be hunting, fishing or trapping BEFORE you travel or purchase your license online

Resident Hunting/Fishing License

Apply for a residential license or learn where you can buy a license.

Buy a License Online

Nonresident Hunting/Fishing License

Apply for a nonresident license or learn where you can buy a license.

Buy a License Online

Apprentice Hunting License

Available at NDOW offices

Harvest Information Program (HIP)

The Migratory Bird Harvest Information Program (HIP) is a method by Nevada Department of Wildlife and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service are developing more reliable estimates of the number of all migratory birds harvested throughout the country. These estimates give biologists the information they need to make sound decisions concerning hunting seasons, bag limits, and population management.

Any person 12 years or older who plans to hunt any kind of migratory game bird, including ducks, geese, swans, rails, coot, doves, snipe, or gallinules in Nevada this year, is required to ANNUALLY obtain a Harvest Information Program (HIP) validation number and write it on their hunting license before entering the field.

How to Get Your HIP Number
The validation number is free, and is available by one of two ways:
Call 1 (855) 542-6369 or
Go online to

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is conducting the nationwide harvest survey to better understand the impact of hunting on these wildlife resources. Some migratory bird hunters may be surveyed to collect harvest information.