Seasons and Regulations
Big Game Seasons and Applications Regulations
Upland Game Regulations
Migratory Bird Regulations
Spring Turkey Regulations
What You Need to Hunt Upland Game
Nevada residents aged 12 or older, and all nonresidents need to have a valid Nevada hunting license to hunt upland game birds and rabbits in Nevada.
- An upland game bird stamp is required of any person 12 or older who is hunting any upland game bird except dove, turkey and crow, effective March 1, 2004.
- Hunters are required to have a "HIP" number written on their hunting license when hunting for doves and other migratory game birds (waterfowl, coots, snipe and gallinules).
- The validation number is free, and is available by one of two ways:
- Units referenced are Game Management Units described in NAC 504.210 and shown in the Nevada Hunt Book map. Be aware of restrictions on Wildlife Management Areas.
- Hunting hours for upland game birds and rabbits are sunrise to sunset except as noted.
- Regulations pertaining to upland game species are included in the Nevada Hunt Book, Small Game/Upland Game Laws & Regulations.
- A lot of upland game hunters use the Water Development Atlas.
- Unless his privilege is limited or revoked pursuant to law, an eligible person may apply once for a type of hunt for Wild Turkey during a draw period.
- Only one person may apply on an application.
- Applications for the draw must be mailed to the address specified on the application through a postal service or submitted online through www.huntnevada.com. Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2011. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Note: Internet applications are not available for the hunts in Units 0135 and 0137.
- Any remaining tags will be available on a first come first serve basis - the mail or over the counter during business hours, M – F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Wildlife Administrative Services, 185 N. Maine St, Fallon Nevada.
- Only one Wild Turkey tag per calendar year.
Fall turkey hunts have been closed due to poor numbers.