Public Records Requests
Do not use the Public Records Request form for these:
Public Records Request Guidelines and Process
- While verbal requests are allowed, written requests using our Public Records Request Form enable NDOW to respond more quickly, accurately and completely. (Include your full name, phone number, mailing address, and email address please.)
- Requests should be for an identifiable record, and will be provided in the readily available medium.
- All extraordinary requests must be in writing and as specific and narrow in scope as possible to ensure completion. An agency is not obligated to create new materials or a new medium of an existing record to comply with a public records request.
- Within 5 business days after the request is received, NDOW will seek clarification if request is unclear, or extraordinary, and will notify the requestor in writing of when the records for inspection or copies will be available, how much copies will cost, and, upon collection of fees, process the request.
- A Records Official will provide an estimate of when such extraordinary records will be ready, the cost, and the available medium. If the readily available medium of a record is paper, it will be provided on paper. If the existing record is electronic and requires no redaction, it will be provided electronically at no cost.
- In lieu of copies, inspection of such public books or records in person will be by appointment, and must take place in the appropriate NDOW office during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM under the presence of staff. Persons wishing to inspect must do so according to the rules set forth in the Public Records Manual.
Please Note: Not all record requests will be ready within 5 business days – requests requiring research, redaction of confidential information, or requiring extensive preparation may take longer. You will be notified as to the progress and time frame.
Public Record Fees
Copying fees -
Black and white copies, 8.5" x 11": $0.10 per page
Color copies, 8.5" x 11": $0.50 per page
CD/DVD: $5.00 per disc
Flash drive: $5.00 per drive
Certified copies: $5.00 per page
- Extraordinary Use Charge - No fees
will be charged until the total costs reach $10.00. Estimates of costs will be
provided in advance if the costs are projected to exceed $25.00. Extraordinary
requests are estimated to take more than one hour of staff time or over 100
pages. All extraordinary requests must be in writing with as much detail on the identifiable record and purpose as possible.
Postage - The requester will be charged the exact amount of postage if the requester has requested to have the copy delivered by mail.
Public Records Requests Forms should be sent to a Public Records Officer:
Nevada Department of Wildlife, Director’s Office, 6980 Sierra Center Parkway, Ste. 120, Reno, NV 89511
Jack Robb, Deputy Director of Resource Management
(Conservation Education, Wildlife Diversity, Fisheries, Game, Habitat, Law Enforcement Divisions)
Liz O’Brien, Deputy Director of Administrative Services
(Data and Technology Services Division, Fiscal Services Section, Human Resources, Information Technology, Engineering)