HOW TO USE THESE TABLES
Many Nevada hunting regulations restrict the activities to specific times. The laws and regulations may specify sunrise to sunset, one half hour before sunrise to sunset, one hour beforesunrise to two hours before sunset, etc. Consult the specific regulation pamphlet for the activity you are interested in. These are available at all NDOW offices, most license agents, and online here. Then use the sunrise/sunset table for the location nearest to your hunt to determine the legally authorized time to start and/or stop your activity. These tables are accurate in the vicinity specified with less than a two (2) minute error. These tables are Pacific Standard Time, so do not forget to add one hour for daylight savings time from March 14 – November 7.
LEGAL HUNTING HOURS BY SPECIES
- Big Game 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset
- Migratory Birds – ½ hour before sunrise to sunset
- Small Game and Upland Game – Sunrise to sunset, EXCEPT for quail in Pahrump Valley of Nye County (8 a.m. to sunset)
- Turkey – Spring – ½ hour before sunrise to 4 p.m.
- Mountain Lion Anytime of day or night
Add Sunrise/sunset tables here: