Over the past ten years this Committee has convened during two periods of time: December 2006 – March 2008, and from December 2012 – April 2014. Effective June 2015, the committee is active again.
Over these past 10 year the TAAHC has utilized the TAAHC Topic List, based on input from CWABs and the public. The current Topic List is reflective of status of proposal received by the TAACH since its inception.
The work previously accomplished by the Committee for the period December 2006 – March 2008 was comprehensive and informative, and is reflected in the historic documents linked below.
- TAAHC – Briefing (Phase I)
- TAAHC – Briefing (Phase II)
A special project of the TAAHC in 2013 was the mule deer hunting survey. FINAL REPORT – “Mule Deer Hunting and Management: Experiences, Attitudes and Preferences of Nevada’s Mule deer Tag Applicants.” In January 2014 researchers in the College of Natural Resources at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho, in cooperation with this committee and the Department, began an effort to survey 1,200 randomly-selected hunters who had applied for mule deer tags in 2012 and 2013. The results of that survey were presented to the Board of Wildlife Commissioners on May 9, 2014.
- PowerPoint slides used during the May 9, 2014 presentation to the Board of Wildlife Commissioners. This presentation is a synopsis of the full survey report below (36 pages)
- Full survey report (39 pages)
- Full list of written comments provided by those who responded to the survey (131 pages)