Elko Christmas Bird Count
Location:Nevada Department of Wildlife - Elko Office 60 Youth Center Rd Elko, NV 89801
- Elko Christmas Bird Count
- Registration Open- Click here to register
- Saturday, December 17, 2022 8:00am – 12:00pm
- About Event
- Calling all who are interested in learning to bird! Come join NDOW and members of the Bristlecone Audubon in the 123rd Christmas Bird Count (CBC) on Saturday December 17th, 2022 from 8am – 12pm. Birders of all skill sets are welcome, however, this event is intended to actively introduce those who are interested in learning to bird to birding basics. Children 7+ are welcome with parental supervision.
Volunteers will participate in the Audubon Society’s Elko CBC while learning to bird with NDOW staff and Bristlecone Audubon members. The CBC is an early-winter bird census that spans across much of the Western hemisphere. Counts take place within a designated 15-mile diameter circle. Each circle is run by a count compiler, or administrator, who designates volunteer routes within a circle and compiles volunteer data. This event will take place in the Elko, Spring Creek, and South Fork area, depending on route assignments, and will be weather-dependent. Routes can be a mix of light walking and driving. A meeting place will be confirmed once designated routes have been assigned. Transportation will be by personal vehicle. Registrants will be required to register as a NDOW volunteer to participate in this event. Directions on how to register as a NDOW volunteer will be sent upon event registration.
Questions? Contact Nicole St. John at email@example.com or 775-777-2391.
- You must cancel your registration before Friday, December 16, 2022, at 8:00am CST.