Located 190 miles north of Reno, Boulder Reservoir was constructed in 1950 as a private irrigation reservoir. In 1957, an agreement between NDOW and the landowners allowed trout to be stocked and anglers to access the pond. In 2010, the reservoir was acquired by BLM. In 2014, a fishery and recreational improvement project was completed by deepening the reservoir, adding boulder piles to improve fish habitat, developing a campground, installing a fence around the reservoir and campground to exclude livestock, and planting trees and other vegetation. In 2019, a vault toilet was installed.
View Map- Click Here