In 1958, the late Roger Teglia purchased the gravel pit that was to become Paradise Park Ponds. Rainbow trout were successfully reared there and then sold to anglers. In 1964, the ponds and adjacent property were sold to the City of Reno; it is run by the Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department. The Nevada Department of Wildlife has stocked the ponds since 1965 primarily with rainbow trout. Between 1997 and 1998, the north and south ponds were deepened and sealed, and an aeration system was installed to keep the pond oxygenated.
View Map- Click Here